Treat your party guests with a sampling of your tiny snacks that comes in bite size or if not, served a whole finger food banquet. Don’t be troubled because these bite size foods are macho enough for men who are tough. Any food that comes in bite size is very interesting. With the so many bite size foods, one of the most prepared are apple pie bites sizes. Continue reading this article as it talks about how to do homemade bite size food. With this, you can prepare your favorite bite size food anytime you want.
Apple Pie Bites Ingredients
- 1-1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter cubed
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of ice water
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups of peeled and sliced apples
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 egg
Apple Pie Bites Cooking Instructions
- In a huge bowl place in the flour and salt and mix them together.
- With the use of pastry cutter combine the butter and shortening on the first mixture. This is a very important mixture of the recipe since the butter provides palatable flavor, the shortening offer flaky crust on the pie. Continue stirring the mixture until the dough looks like cornmeal and peas.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ice water once on the mixture. Mix up the mixture using a fork and see to it that the dough are mixed together. You need to make certain that the dough are pulling together very well but not too wet for a mixture.
- Shape the dough into a ball and then cut it in half. Form each half into a disk and cover it with plastic or paper. Place the covered dough on the fridge for about 30 minutes but one hour would be better.
- Peel the apple, remove its core and slice it in cubes. In slicing the apple, avoid of sizing it too big as it will need plenty of time for the filling to be cooked.
- Place all the ingredients of the filling in a huge bowl. Mix well the entire ingredients.
- Place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon juice. Crunch them around in each addition of apple.
- Preheat the oven 345?F.
- Take out the dough from the fridge.
- Roll out the dough on waxed paper.
- Use the cookie cutter measuring 2 inches to cut the pie bites bottom.
- Place apple mixture on the cut bottom.
- Spread the egg on the outside rim.
- Cut smaller circle dough and place on top of the pie.
- Pinch the bottom and top dough together and then score the top using a knife.
- Place the apple pie bites in muffin pan and put it inside the oven.
- Bake the pie for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool first before serving